Food Processing Skills Canada (FPSC) is a non-profit organization that leads workforce development for Canada’s food and beverage manufacturing industry that is launching a new program uniquely designed for Atlantic Canada’s food and beverage company employers and employee teams. FPSC’s new “Skills Training Atlantic Canada” program offers competency-based training for Supervisors, Frontline Workers plus Seasonal & New Hires. This program will support business resiliency and success with a proven training curriculum based on goal-driven content, coaching, gamification and self-directed technical and social learning. Program highlights include:
- Food and beverage manufacturers and related businesses in Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland & Labrador are eligible to register
- Supervisor cohort starts January 18, 2021
- Maximum of 20 participants per company
- Training guided by Canada's Learning and Recognition Framework
- Acahkos Program included to support learning
- 3 levels of curriculum & graduation packages at completion: Workplace Essentials, Level 1 Foundations and Level 3 Supervisors
Skills Training Atlantic and the program team promise appreciable benefits for food and beverage businesses recovering from the challenges of a Covid-19 global environment and building new resiliency for the future.
FPSC is recruiting employers now. There is no cost for companies and staff to participate and pre-registration is now open. To learn more or to pre-register contact Program Leads, Deborah McGowan and Sheri Nicolle (Dina pls hyperlink Sheri’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org). More detailed information in a STAC Fact Sheet November 2020and STAC Introductory Presentation are linked here.