BioFoodTech is committed to delivering high-quality, valuable workshops on topics relevant to aspiring entrepreneurs and industry clients. We develop curriculum tailored to the needs of workshop attendees. Food safety workshops provide up to date and accurate information from our in-house experts for companies needing guidance to develop food safety plans, microbial testing and other verifications. Our artisan workshops involve industry experts and provide plenty of hands-on learning in our pilot plant. Industry workshops offer information on technical and general food industry topics relevant to companies in various stages of production. We offer workshops in the following areas, with details below:
Food Safety Management
- Food Safety for Maintenance Staff
- Food Safety for Managers & Supervisors
- Getting Ready for a Customer Food Safety Audit
- Introduction to ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System
Specific Microbiology Controls
- HACCP and the Control of Listeria
- Control of Listeria in Food Processing Plants
- Controlling Vibrio in Molluscan Shellfish
- Plant Sanitation and Listeria Control for Plant Workers
Quality Control & Laboratory Training
- Food Protection Strategies Including Food Defense and Food Fraud
- Quality Control and In-House Laboratory Training for QC Staff
Training Resources (available to previous attendees) – Save zip file on your computer and use password provided by the course instructor to open.
BIO|FOOD|TECH offers artisan workshops that are in-demand and relevant within the current food and beverage landscape.
- Beverage Fermentation: beer and fruit-based fermentations (e.g., wine, beer, cider, mead, etc.)
- Distilling: spirits, brandy, liqueurs and adjuncts (e.g., bitters)
- Cheesemaking: Introductory & Advanced levels for various dairy milks
- Food Ferments: wild and cultured fermented foods & beverages (e.g., kraut, kimchi, kombucha, etc.)
- Charcuterie – Cured and Smoked Meats (e.g., fermented sausage, dry-cured, smoked)
- Vinegar: apple cider, malt, kombucha and other types
BIO|FOOD|TECH offers technical workshops to bring relevant and timely information to industry.
- Food Regulations & Labelling updates
- Trends & New Market Opportunities
- Rapid Food Innovation
- Food Industry Supplier Showcase (annual)
Check out our calendar of events to see what’s coming up!