Regulations are frequently changing and differ depending on products and markets. We cover everything from developing your food safety plan to assisting with notifications. Work with us to find out where your products fit and what you need in order to satisfy government requirements. 

Some of our services include:

  • Determine what license you need and assistance to obtain your own license.
  • Develop HACCP and Preventative Control plans.
  • Assistance with certifications (e.g., Kosher)
  • Support with Health Canada regulations for natural health, veterinary health and cosmetic products.
  • Support with Health Canada notifications
  • Can & US nutrition fact tables, including print-ready labels.

Take the guesswork out of creating compliant and accurate labels. At BioFoodTech we can help you with the following:

  • Advise of all label requirements for your product
  • Create Nutrition Facts tables (NFT)
  • Write ingredient list to Canadian and USA labelling requirements
  • Write allergen declarations
  • Review final product labels for regulations prior to print

To have a NFT label created at BioFoodTech by our Food Scientists, be prepared to provide the following:

  • Final recipe/formulation with list of ingredients and quantities in metric weights (grams or kilograms)
  • Specification sheets or images of labels for ingredients with sub-ingredients including nutritional information and allergen information. For example: Soy sauce (water, soybeans, wheat, salt, sodium benzoate).
  • Processing steps, including information such as times and temperatures
  • Yield information
  • Sample of product(s) for potential analytical testing

Safe processing starts with understanding risks for your product, and how these are handled, along with what regulatory bodies oversee your business.

For companies only selling food products in their province, you likely need an Environmental or Public Health license. These regulations specify processing conditions such as preventing cross contamination, and in some cases, may require a HACCP Plan.

For companies exporting food out of their province, including through mail order, you need a CFIA Safe Food For Canadians license. This includes a requirement for preventive controls (also called pre-requisites or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) along with product controls using a HACCP plan.

For natural health, veterinary health and cosmetic products, these are regulated by Health Canada, and in some cases the Food & Drug Regulations. Vet health and cosmetics have GMP processing requirements and Natural Health Products (NHPs) require a site license and a natural health product number for all commercial manufacturing.

BioFoodTech can help to inform and support documentation and processes needed to ensure safe processing. Whether you are implementing a new food safety program, preparing for an audit, or adding on to your existing program, we’ve got you covered.

From writing SOPs to developing complex safe processing strategies, we aim to create lasting value for our clients. Our approach to compliance is unique. 

Fully certified and accredited facility

Ready? get a quote

Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.