SACLE-UP AND COMMERCIALIZATION
In this stage, our highly experienced operations team can anticipate what challenges may occur during manufacturing scale-up and present options for process improvement. At the same time, we can test similar equipment to compare which performs best and can create early-stage metrics to get information on capacities and efficiencies. We know sometimes the budget is tight, so cost reduction is an important goal at this stage.
Things to keep in mind:
- The pilot-scale runs that we perform enable larger quantities of product to be made in each production batch, mimicking commercial production.
- Scaling up trials include access to expertise in the food and bioscience fields, along with technical assistance for licensing and certifications
- Our team of experts are also available to help you design the most optimal workflow and make the best use of available space and funding.
- Clients have immediate access to a team of experts and technical and commercial validation to speed up the start-up process while minimizing the risks. This is the most efficient way to ensure successful market introduction.
We can work on brand new products, semi-developed products that need further scale-up or development, and fully developed products.
Are you looking for a place to grow your food or bioscience business? We have incubation spaces for both industries.
We offer commercial kitchens and private production spaces to meet the needs of early-stage food and bioscience companies that don’t have access to their own facilities.
Over 100 companies have chosen BioFoodTech as their pathway for entering the market, and the availability of incubation space has proven to be a crucial resource in reducing entry barriers for these enterprises.
The incubation spaces available at BioFoodTech are:
- Environmental Health inspected commercial kitchens to create, test, and scale your business with specialized food production equipment.
- Two licensed pilot plants that meet the requirements of CFIA’s Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, along with two Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) pilot plants, aligning with standards for Natural Health, Veterinary, and Cosmetic product manufacturing. While currently not licensed from Health Canada for Natural Health Products (NHP), our pilot plants are fully capable of scaling and producing NHPs for non-commercial test marketing, as well as the commercial manufacturing of cosmetics and veterinary health products.
- On-site interim storage for your products, spanning cold, frozen, and ambient temperatures.
- Well-equipped laboratory spaces that provide the essential tools for research and development.
But it's not just about the space; we're committed to your success. When you choose BioFoodTech, you gain more than just space. Our onboarding training includes detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and best practices, imparting a solid foundation in food safety and regulatory compliance to your team.
Join the ranks of thriving businesses that have succeeded within our incubation ecosystem. BioFoodTech is your launchpad to growth and success in the food and bioscience industries of Atlantic Canada.